Re: [opensuse-buildservice] build service down?
  • From: Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2011 11:25:51 -0300
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 4:57 AM, Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Montag, 28. März 2011 schrieb Pavol Rusnak:
On 27/03/11 10:55, Lars Vogdt wrote:
Sorry for this - but at the moment there's noting left we can do here
from our side.

We could (and should) create some effort to get rid of this "wonder of
technology".
It's easy to pick on a single point of failure when it's down, but as a matter
of fact the OBS has about 5 of them - replacing ichain with another single of
point of failure won't really help weekend outages IMO.

At work we had one such POF, there was a memory fragmentation bug that
was very hard to track down, so in the meantime we placed a script
that checked when the process ran rampant and restarted the service.

Dirty, but it did buy us some time to actually track and fix the bug.

Can something like that be done here?