Re: [opensuse-buildservice] getbinarylist and Transfer-Encoding header
  • From: Marcus Hüwe <suse-tux@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Mar 2011 23:55:00 +0100
Hi,

On 2010-12-21 01:05:37 +0100, Marcus Hüwe wrote:
there seems to be a problem with the getbinarylist call (view=cpio)
and the "Transfer-Encoding" header (depending on the "length" of the
request?). I just tried the following curl calls:
curl -o out.cpio -v -sS \
"https://api.opensuse.org/public/build/openSUSE:Factory/standard/x86_64/_repository?view=cpio&binary=aaa_base&binary=$(perl
-e "print 'b'x3616")"
and
curl -o out.cpio -v -sS \
"https://api.opensuse.org/public/build/openSUSE:Factory/standard/x86_64/_repository?view=cpio&binary=aaa_base&binary=$(perl
-e "print 'b'x3617")"

The response of the first request still includes the
"Transfer-Encoding" header but the response of the second request
has no "Transfer-Encoding" header.

Now consider the following call:
curl http://<local obs>/build/<remote

This leads to a "crash" in bs_srcserver (the ajax process dies because
the response has neither a "Transfer-Encoding" nor a "Content-Length"
header).

Any ideas why the "Transfer-Encoding" header gets swallowed?

Just a small *bump* - we just hit this bug while debugging a local
obs issue in the #opensuse-buildservice irc channel.

Does anyone have an idea what might be the root cause of this
behaviour?

Marcus