Re: [opensuse-buildservice] disable parallel builds via meta data
On Tuesday March 22 2011 09:14:09 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 20:13:15 schrieb peer:
Hi,

Parallel building seems to be enabled for Ubuntu / Debian. Debian itself
doesn't use parallel building afaik and I do experience some problems
with it on obs.

Wouldn't it be possible to add a feature which allows to disable
parallel builds via packages meta data so one doesn´t have to change any
broken packages imported from debian or buntu but can simply fix it by
modifying the meta data?

We can go back to use only -j1 for debian builds, but there will be not
a good way to increase it again atm. (would come with some more
sophisticated workers later one).

The only technical clean solution is to fix the debian packages, I think.

However, when really the mass of them are broken, we may should consider to
got back. Do you have a feeling how many of them are affected ?

The packages only break is upstreams source is broken - which hopefully should
be the minority (for me it was one package).

Still, since debian doesn´t have something like %_smp_mflags some setting in
pkgs meta would be the easiest since one then doesn´t have to modify the
original package (if one imports a debian / buntu package).

Please add something like this and leave parallel builds enabled.

regards,
Stephan