Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Re: Prefer vs Support vs Keep vs Substitute
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 22 Mar 2011 09:16:34 +0100
Am Montag, 21. März 2011, 12:26:43 schrieb Jon Nelson:
On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 3:36 PM, Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
What is the difference between Support and Keep?

Like, let's say I have a package FOO that I'd like to always be
installed in the build environment, *if* it is available. If it is not

we don't have such a support. It conflicts with our goal of reproducable
builds.

You can of course switch the use of such a package (set) on and of via some
macro in prjconf, but that would not differ to adding and removing the Support
lines.

available, block all other builds until it *is* available, but do not
block FOO itself. How do I do that?

I just tried this and nothing builds. I have

Support: FOO BAR

in the prjconf, and neither FOO nor BAR will build because the OBS
claims they buildrequires FOO, BAR.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH