Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Making kernel module for kernels in HEAD
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 05:36:55PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 09:24 -0700, Greg KH wrote:
On Mon, Mar 21, 2011 at 05:17:30PM +0100, Roger Oberholtzer wrote:
OBS has been making kernel modules for me for quite a while. It works
great making them for openSUSE 11.2/3/4, or an update.

On a semi-related note, what kernel modules are you building that are
not already included in the main kernel.org sources? Any pointers to
them anywhere?

They are in my project on the Build Service. One is for a local card and
is probably of little use to anyone other than us. There is one for a
VME interface access device. It has been modified for our use. All is in
the project. I really doubt these are things many folk are interested
in.

You should send these upstream so you don't have to constantly update
them.

And the myth of "it is only of use to us" I debunked many many years
ago, please see:
http://www.kroah.com/log/linux/ols_2006_keynote.html

Please feel free to send these to me and I will be glad to work with you
to get them upstream so you don't have to mess with this type of thing
in the future.

thanks,

greg k-h