Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Making kernel module for kernels in HEAD
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 17:39:28 +0100
On Mon, 2011-03-21 at 17:27 +0100, Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a DimStar
wrote:
Quoting Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>:

OBS has been making kernel modules for me for quite a while. It works
great making them for openSUSE 11.2/3/4, or an update.

I now find that I need to make the drivers for the kernel in HEAD (e.g.,
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/Kernel:/HEAD/openSUSE_11.2).

Since I cannot select that as a build repo, I am unsure how/if I can get
OBS to make packages based on the kernel found there. If it is possible,
can anyone suggest where I might find info or a sample of this usage? If
it is not possible, can anyone suggest a manageable alternative?

You can select this also as a build target, using the 'advanced'
options in WebUI.
- Go to your project
- Repositories => Add Repository
- At the top, click on 'pick one via advanced interface'
- As Project, Type Kernel:HEAD, repository openSUSE_11.2 and New Name
something like Kernel_HEAD_openSUSE_11.2
=> Add repotiory and have a lot of fun.

I also found that I could edit the repository definition and add a path.
When I added the path for the Kernel:Head for openSUSE 11.2, it used
that kernel instead. Frighteningly simple - after you know where to
click and that to enter.

I will try your approach as well. I think the best one to use will
depend on which things I want built which way.

Love the OBS.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST