[opensuse-buildservice] Local obs scheduler and sync from remote
  • From: Christian Daudt <csd_b@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:01:54 -0700
Hi,
I have a couple of questions on local-obs sync from remote obs (I
have a project on local obs linked to a project on remote obs).
First: sometimes the scheduler gets stuck for quite a while, and from
the logs it seems that it is downloading from the remote obs. If
there's a lot to download this can take > 20 minutes. During this
time, all job processing seems to halt. Is that the case and if so, is
there a way to avoid it? All of the local-only projects get stuck
along, when they don't depend at all on what's being downloaded.
2nd: I see the same 'getting data for project' logs in the different
schedulers (from remote obs) - is it cached locally on the 1st
download, or does each sched re-download the same version of the same
pkgs?

The only way I see right now to avoid this problem is to setup 2 local
obs, with one acting effectively as a cache for the remote downloads.
I'm hoping there's a less draconian solution...

Thanks,
Christian.