Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RFC/proposal for "osc ls -r/-R" command line inconsitency
On 3/14/2011 at 03:02 PM, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

please comment on this. I personally run often into a osc CLI inconsitency
that the list/ls comand is using -R for revision listings, while other
commands like diff, rdiff, submitrequest are using -r for revision.

-r for list command is "repository" which is usually ignored on source
listings.

I like to proposed change switch -r and -R in list command to have this
consistent.

In addition to that we could maybe do a backward compatibly check that when
-r and -b is used for binary listings that -r is still used as repository
parameter.

any comments on this ?
adrian

I was thinking that it was just me who found this to be inconsistent. Thank you
for looking into this! :)

I'm sorry to hijack this thread with another observation - can we please also
consider changing "-d" option of "osc request" to "-p" as in the case with both
"diff" and "rdiff" options for generating plain diffs?

Srinidhi.