Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Add Scientific Linux to OBS
On Monday, March 07, 2011 01:22:02 am Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Samstag, 5. März 2011, 21:28:48 schrieb Paul Elliott:
On Saturday, March 05, 2011 02:42:15 am Ralf Becker wrote:
So it needs someone to talk to RH about the devel packages ...

Ralf

Excuse me for asking what may be a dumb question, but why can't the devel
packages be built from source which by the gpl must be available?

To my knowledge (but I might be wrong), they are shipped only via RHN
which forbids redistribution.

How does RH comply with GPL v2 section 3 or GPL v3 sections 5 and 6?

I understand that you are in a delicate position working for a compeditor and
all but I am not under such restrictions and I am distrubed by this.

I have not provided RHEL versions of my insignificant packages because of lack
of devel packages.

I am sure this must effect the more active packagers more profoundly.

What is really happening?

However, I have not really checked this, but it is too risky for me
without finding out details (and I do not want to spend too much time
one this personally). I also have no access to RHN.

bye
adrian

--
Paul Elliott 1(512)837-1096