Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Add Scientific Linux to OBS
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Samstag, 5. März 2011, 21:28:48 schrieb Paul Elliott:
On Saturday, March 05, 2011 02:42:15 am Ralf Becker wrote:

So it needs someone to talk to RH about the devel packages ...

Ralf
Excuse me for asking what may be a dumb question, but why can't the devel packages be built from source which by the gpl must be available?

To my knowledge (but I might be wrong), they are shipped only via RHN which forbids redistribution.
afaik - You're obviously given permission via the GPL to do certain things, but the RHN has a clause that if you redistribute the sources they'll cut your subscription. IANAL, but this is how it was explained to me in lay terms by our lawyer.