Re: [opensuse-buildservice] using ccache for OBS
Am Freitag, 4. März 2011, 10:57:57 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 4. März 2011, 10:46:12 schrieb Ludwig Nussel:
Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 4. März 2011, 02:04:17 schrieb Malcolm Fernandes:
Is it possible to use ccache for OBS builds. I know that 'osc' has
the
ability, but I would like to configure it for all builds done via the
OBS.

I'm using a local OBS instance.

If it is possible, what needs to be done?

Could not find any configurable parameters in BSConfig.pm or
anything related on the OBS web pages.

In short, patching of bs_worker process to support it. And adding
ccache to
the prjconf as support package.

There's more work needed than that. OBS recreates the build root
from scratch so the cache is cleared too.

Yes, if you want to keep between the builds. But it can still be usefull
during one build.

In weird corner cases maybe. How many spec files build the same
source twice with the same options?

well, just by chance I had a spec file open in vi when writing the last mail ;)

Caching between builds is anyway not recommended, it means that
builds are not reproducable anymore.

Not necessarily. The cache could be built into icecream for example.
If the preprocessed source and compiler environment is the same
there is no need to actually send the job to workers if the result
is cached.

yes, but that would mean open the network and making the system attackable.

And it is only reproducable if icecream is not changing ;)

SUSE Linux Products GmbH