Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Should osc support global oscrc ?
  • From: JF Ding <jfding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2011 22:31:25 +0800
On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 8:15 PM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-02-26 12:31:44 +0800, JF Ding wrote:
Not really, not every user should have a HOME. Please look at the
/etc/passwd :)

on my system every user has an assigned home dir.

And, many daemon will act as "nobody", surely "nobody" has no HOME.

/var/lib/nobody (on my system)

Yes, in most of current Linux system, there are some /var/lib/ dirs
for these special users. And similarly '/var/empty' for nobody like
users in my mac. But as my understanding, they are just pseudo ones
and should not be used as normal real HOME. Maybe I am wrong :)

   darix

--
          openSUSE - SUSE Linux is my linux
              openSUSE is good for you