Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Should osc support global oscrc ?
  • From: JF Ding <jfding@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2011 22:09:57 +0800
Hi,

On Fri, Feb 25, 2011 at 7:18 PM, Marcus Rueckert <darix@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 2011-02-25 11:04:51 +0800, JF Ding wrote:
 Hi all,
  As current code, osc/conf.py:722
    os.chmod(conffile. 0600)
  the specified oscrc file, whether or not ~/.oscrc, should be writable for
 current user.
  But in some cases, users want to run osc as special user, e.g. nobody in
 some daemons, and there's no
 a proper place to store the writable oscrc.
   If osc can support global readonly oscrc for system wide configuration,
 the things can be easier.

it would be much easier if you create a home directory for your special
users and suddenly all the logic would work again.
Yes, it would be much easier. But it is still another workaround. (Our
current solution is also a workaround)

   My question is: should osc support the readonly global oscrc?  Is there
 any potential security issue?

the password is stored in the oscrc.
Got it, it is also my understanding of why current code was written like this:)

Anyway, thanks for your proposals.

- jf.ding