Re: [opensuse-buildservice] setup trouble

On 02/21/2011 11:42 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 21. Februar 2011, 11:30:24 schrieb Robert Schweikert:

On 02/21/2011 11:26 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 21. Februar 2011, 11:24:48 schrieb Robert Schweikert:

On 02/21/2011 04:45 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Sonntag, 20. Februar 2011, 07:49:12 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
Hi,

I am having a little trouble getting the osc commands working on a
laptop. AFAIK there's nothing special.

Running openSUSE 11.3, x86-64, GNOME desktop

-> rpm -qa | grep osc
osc-0.127-1.3.noarch

When I run "osc help" I am prompted to setup KDE wallet, not that big of
a deal but I do not remember doing this previously when I setup osc on
another machine. (I do not have an alias ala "osc --no-keyring" setup).

That would be a bug of python-keyring, if the wrong plugin is used.

Please try the osc version from openSUSE:Tools in any case first.

Upgraded to 0.130.1

Do you have any $KDE_* enviroment variable set ?

No KDE environment variable set

Still getting the kdewallet popup asking for the password?

What else can I try?

From where do you get the python-keyring package ? The bug is most likely
there ...

I do not have a python-keyring package on either, the working or
non-working, machine

Both machines have the following packages:

-> rpm -qa | grep keyring | sort
gnome-keyring-2.30.1-3.3.1.x86_64
gnome-keyring-lang-2.30.1-3.3.1.noarch
gnome-keyring-pam-2.30.1-3.3.1.x86_64
gnome-keyring-pam-32bit-2.30.1-3.3.1.x86_64
gnome-keyring-sharp-1.0.0-5.1.noarch
libgnome-keyring0-2.30.1-2.3.1.x86_64
libgnome-keyring0-32bit-2.30.1-2.3.1.x86_64

oh, so it looks osc is using libgomekeyring, which seems to start kwallet ?
(gnome-keyring support without python-keyring was very broken in the past
blocking
multiple people in getting osc running. Can you try if

unset GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID

This was set to:

GNOME_DESKTOP_SESSION_ID=this-is-deprecated

is helping ?

No, after removing the variable from the environment I get the same
behavior. Installed python-keyring and python-keyring-gnome, but this
did not change the behavior either.

Robert

Novell-IBM Software Integration Center LINUX
Tech Lead
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147