Re: [opensuse-buildservice] regarding the download_url service
Am Freitag, 18. Februar 2011, 12:35:56 schrieb Jon Nelson:
I have some questions regarding the download_url service.

Under what conditions do services run?

On every source change and when manually triggered.

If the source was downloaded successfully before, and the _service
file has not changed, why run the download file service again?

Basically, if the download url service runs too frequently, I can see
it repeatedly downloading files from sites that do not need to be
re-downloaded. For large files this is obnoxious, and not very nice to
the sites in any case.

source services are a general unix/plugin concept. They can do anything,
so the server can't know if the result is still the same (eg. when you reformat
the spec file with the service, try to auto-update a package or creating
patches automatically).

It is thinkable to extend it, that services can take results from former run,
but that needs some thinking about the concept ...

SUSE Linux Products GmbH