Re: [opensuse-buildservice] THANKS - All 11.1 derived targets vanished
  • From: Greg Freemyer <greg.freemyer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 15:26:14 -0500
On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 2:32 PM, Wolfgang Rosenauer
<wolfgang@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Am 18.02.2011 20:29, schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
What is new is you now have at least 3 11.1 repos to build against:

DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.1 DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.1:Update/standard
openSUSE:Evergreen:11.1

Evergreen:11.1 being the new one that few will be familiar with.

In short, I'm missing everything around 11.1, that I rely on:

mozilla/openSUSE_11.1

I will recreate that one anyway.

Should we try to convince the respective project maintainer to build
against the evergreen:11.1 target?

No, the 11.1 GA target is DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.1.
Only if you explicitely need to build against the updates (often the
case for kmps but not regular packages) choose the evergreen one.

Wolfgang

As Wolfgang said, my understanding is additional packages should build
against the core distro (DISCONTINUED:openSUSE:11.1 in this case).

But if a specific project needs something from the updates / Evergreen
repo, then that is what it should build against.

To be honest, I don't fully appreciate the logic behind that, but it
is the standard/recommended way.

Wolfgang or other, if you get a chance to explain the logic or point
me at a wiki entry, I'd be curious about why.

Greg