Re: [opensuse-buildservice] THANKS - All 11.1 derived targets vanished
On Friday February 18 2011 19:52:04 Hans-Peter Jansen wrote:
On Friday 18 February 2011, 19:06:55 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Freitag, 18. Februar 2011, 18:26:21 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
It would have been nice to a least send out a warning, probably on
a low traffic list like announce, that all 11.1 dependent targets
and its packages are going to be killed of. That way, I would have
been able to prepare a local mirror.

I thought, that fascist operators from hell would had been an issue
of the past. I failed.

You failed since december to move to discontinued as announce since
then.

Adrian, I had boat loads of builds to targets like
KDE_Distro_Stable_openSUSE_11.1,
KDE_Distro_Factory_openSUSE_11.1

that all vanished. Or builds against openSUSE_11.1 of
devel:language:python, that are all gone. How should I have had moved
these over?

Again, failing builds is one thing, removing everything from projects
_and_ repos is something very different in my book.

OBS should have told this its users before first use:

Don't rely on me, I'm killing off everything, that I don't like,
or that I think is outdated. Take that for granted, I'm not kidding.

Are you seriously saying that distro versions that went EOL getting moved into
the Discontinued namespace and their build targets getting removed from normal
repos to save build power and mirror space is new to you?

Please get a grip or come up with quite some money to buy more build hosts,
bandwidth and some hds for mirrors.

BTW, I wasn't able to locate a message with 11.1 in the subject in the
respective MLs, that states this fact. But I found a mail from
Dominique Leuenberger back in 2008 "[opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE
10.2 dropped from BS" that criticizes a similar act already as being
way too rude, but who cares about users..

Pete