Re: [opensuse-buildservice] issue with dangling builds
Am Dienstag, 8. Februar 2011 schrieb Hans-Peter Jansen:
Hi,

in home:frispete:python, I've linked in python{-base} for 11.1, since I
needed to fix a bug, that Python v2.6.0 suffers from (resulting in
misbehavior and strange crashes of current python-sip wrapped
packages).

For some reason, I forgot to disable build and use-for-build flags of
python-base for the other targets (11.2 and 11.3). Now, that I noticed
the issues, I wiped the offending packages via webui, and triggered
rebuilds.

But still the packages of 11.2 and 11.3 try to build against
python-base-2.6.0.

It looks, like OBS still uses the misguided builds, that I wiped
already.

You can't wipe binaries that you disabled for useforbuild. Disable it for
build, enable for useforbuild and then wipe.

useforbuild is a very confusing flag and only people should use it that read a
good part of the backend code ;(

Greetings, Stephan