Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Statistics for games / supertuxkart
Am Mittwoch, 2. Februar 2011, 13:04:05 schrieb Dominique Leuenberger a.k.a
DimStar:
Hi everybody,

I know we do not have stats on OBS, which is unfortunate, but well...

But maybe somebody with some good access to log files could still try
to draft up something?

As a member of the SuperTuxKart dev and translation team, we're
interested in the number of downloads STK get's from the OBS, of
course also to find out if the distribution channel is the right one,
if we should promote it more/better (hope so) or if the other channels
are to be favored.

Of course this means we should get at least some information on how
many downloads of STK we had in the last 2 months (Last release was on
Dec 21, which makes this period rather interesting).

Would it be possible to draft up something?

I don't even want to start on this, because the next person would just pop up
and ask for the same, sorry.

I do complete understand that this would be very valuable thing to have and in
fact we should have the data somewhere around, but I will not waste my time
with manual lookups.

If you want to work on obs download number support, I would support you of
course. In this way everybody would get download numbers in the end.

There is already an implementation, but IIRC, it needs to be re-thinked and
re-done to avoid to trash our systems.

We can also provide one time database dumps to work on that feature.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH