Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Proposed OBS rename / + BRETZN name
I personally have mixed feelings about this - the fact that OBS has
openSUSE in its name helps to get the openSUSE name 'out there' as its
use becomes more popular, but I agree that there is a strong
implication for users that it is only for openSUSE. The other reasons
raised by Gumb are also valid ones.

So a change to just 'open' could be positive in many ways.

I'm still relatively new to the project myself, so I don't know the
whole story - I imagine this was probably discussed at length when the
Build Service first became an entity.

On a related note, I was under the impression that Bretzn was being
renamed to 'AppInstaller' though perhaps I've got the "wrong end of
the stick" as the saying goes.

Because we are going to be doing a lot of work in the coming months to
promote both the OBS and Bretzn, it might be a good idea to clarify
naming right away, and also perhaps talk about branding and logos for
both of these projects. Is there anything in progress towards
developing artwork?

Again, apologies if this is old territory being covered again!

cheers,

Helen