Re: [opensuse-buildservice] tar_scm blocked in "source update running"
Am Sonntag, 30. Januar 2011, 12:22:47 schrieb Cristian Morales Vega:
2010/10/25 Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
So, what would you need ? Multipe subdir arguments ?

I created a tarball with a svn snaspshot that when "svn up" is
executed ignores the unneeded extra directories. My idea was to upload
it with name "_service:tar_scm:dolphin-emu-2.0.rev6984.tar.bz2" and
after that commit the _service file. I was expecting that, since the
service includes

if [ "$MYSCM" == "svn" ]; then
if [ -z "$MYSUBDIR" -a -d "$TAR_DIRECTORY" ]; then
# update existing content for speed/bandwidth reasons
svn up

it would take my manually uploaded file to start with.

I had to patch osc to allow me to upload _service:* files. My problem
now is that the upload fails with "Server returned an error: HTTP
Error 400: Bad Request". Are _service: files upload also forbidden in
the server side? There is any way to make this work?

No, and this is on purpose.

There must be the guarantee that the _service: files are really generated
in the way the services are working. They are used to create the required
trust in the uploaded sources. So it will never be allowed to upload them.

Or we would be in the same situation that a packager or distro owner needs to
review all uploaded tar balls and check against their upstream project
manually.

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH