Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to create a snapshot of a repository?
On 1/24/2011 at 05:03 PM, "Srinidhi B" <srinidhi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 1/24/2011 at 01:21 PM, Adrian Schröter<adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
On Sunday 23 January 2011 20:26:19 Srinidhi B wrote:
After making this change, schedulers kept saying the following in the
logs:

2011-01-24 00:22:21: looking at low prio Foo/snapshot (0/0/56/0/298)
- Foo/snapshot: bad config (Foo)

and the "snapshot" repository was never created inside
/srv/obs/build/Foo/
-
where bs_admin looks for the source and destination repositories.

What am I doing wrong? If I have to include a "<path ../>" entry for
snapshot, then how is working in OBS for openSUSE:Factory? How do I create
"snapshot" of an existing repository?

You need a base prjconf for that project. This can come via a path element
from a foreign project. This makes sense, if
your project is anyway not a selfhosted one.

<snip>

Or add it to your project directly, this is why it works for
openSUSE:Factory. But you should
also remove the path of the other repository as consequence then.

I've solved the problem right now by having the following:

$ osc meta prj Foo
<project name="Foo">
<build>
<disable/>
<enable repository="standard"/>
<disable repository="snapshot"/>
</build>
<publish>
<enable repository="images"/>
<disable/>
<disable repository="snapshot"/>
</publish>
<repository name="images">
<arch>local</arch>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
<repository name="snapshot">
<path project="Foo" repository="standard"/>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
<arch>i586</arch>
</repository>
<repository name="standard">
<path project="SUSE:SLE-11-SP1" repository="standard"/>
<arch>i586</arch>
<arch>x86_64</arch>
</repository>
</project>

Though I'm not too sure if what I'm doing is right or not, but schedulers seem
to be happy with this setup and bs_admin was able to clone the "standard" repo
to "snapshot".

I really hope this works out fine in the long run! This mail is for anyone else
who might find this useful.

Srinidhi.