Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RHEL/CentOS port questions
Am Montag, 10. Januar 2011, 08:45:47 schrieb Carsten Hoeger:
On Sat, Jan 08, Radoslav Dibarbora wrote:
I'm working on porting obs to RHEL and CentOS rel 5.x and 6.x. I
would like to push the work to upstream but I'm not sure about few
aspects of sending submit requests.

1. It is possible to submit request to add package witch will build
just for specified repositories?

2. startup scripts have to be modified to work on RHEL/CentOS.
Question is how to provide the RHEL specific startup scripts. Is it
OK to prepare separate tarball with them and replace them during the
install phase?

/etc/init.d/skeleton from any SUSE based distro works both on Redhat and
SUSE based distros.

Yes, but I never tested the OBS scripts on anything else then SUSE.

So they will most likely not work out-of-the-box. However, the best
would be if we can fix them that they will work on both of course ...

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH