Re: [opensuse-buildservice] RHEL/CentOS port questions
Am Samstag, 8. Januar 2011, 00:36:06 schrieb Radoslav Dibarbora:
Hello,

I'm working on porting obs to RHEL and CentOS rel 5.x and 6.x. I would
like to push the work to upstream but I'm not sure about few aspects of
sending submit requests.

1. It is possible to submit request to add package witch will build just
for specified repositories?

not really, but you can add this to your submit request.

Please submit to openSUSE:Tools:Unstable, when the packages are working,
we will move them to openSUSE:Tools when OBS 2.2 gets released.

2. startup scripts have to be modified to work on RHEL/CentOS. Question
is how to provide the RHEL specific startup scripts. Is it OK to prepare
separate tarball with them and replace them during the install phase?

Hm, I would prefer if you could adapt the existing scripts if possible.
In this way we do not have to sync changes on later changes.

If this is not possible, I would still prefer them to be submitted to our
build-service git. We host our current run level scripts there also in dist/
directory.

thanks
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH