RE: [opensuse-buildservice] Building packages on specific hosts
-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Schröter [mailto:adrian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 1:40 AM
To: opensuse-buildservice@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Malcolm Fernandes
Subject: Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Building packages on specific
hosts

Am Donnerstag, 6. Januar 2011, 15:45:16 schrieb Malcolm Fernandes:
We are trying to configure our local OBS instance (Ver 2.1.3-2.1) to
build
some packages on specific hosts.

In BSConfig.pm, we have used the powerhosts and powerpkgs variables
to build
some packages (gcc, glibc, kernel,..) on the specified powerhost.

In addition to this, we would like to build other packages such as
'qt' on
another specific host. Is this possible, and if so, how do I go
about
configuring it?

I've noticed this commented section in the BSConfig.pm file, to use
specialbuildhost, but do not find any references to specialbuildhost
in the
OBS source code. Has this code been obsoleted?

Yes, it looks like this code has been removed without adapting the
documentation :/

What you can do now is the following (This what the new
BSConfig.pm.template
will contain):

+# Special rules to assign some packages to special hosts
+# These are
+#our $powerhosts = [
+# 'build30', 'build31', 'build32', 'build33', 'build34', 'build35',
'build36', 'build37',
+#];
+#
+#our $powerpkgs = [
+# 'autoconf',
+#];

[MF] As mentioned in my initial post, we already use the powerhosts/powerpkgs
mechanism for some package builds. However, we would like to build some
'non-powerpkgs' such as 'qt' on another host. One of the reasons is that this
'qt' build takes up roughly 6G on the worker host, and we do not have adequate
ramdrive available on all worker hosts.

So basically, what I was looking for is the capability to do something like
this:

# Special rules to assign some packages to special hosts
# These are
our $powerhosts = ["build01"];
our $powerpkgs = ["gcc", "glibc", "kernel"];

# Build some package only on specific hosts, or do not build on them
our %specialbuildhost = (
"qt" => { good => [ "build02" ] },
);

Cheers,