Re: [opensuse-buildservice] FATAL: kernel too old -- how to specify openSuse version to use for builds?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Dec 2010 11:55:52 +0100
Am Freitag, 31. Dezember 2010, 00:52:55 schrieb Martin Grotzke:
Hi,

I just tried to build a package for Fedora_14 x86_64 and got the error
FATAL: kernel too old

In the mailing list archives I found advices like
"You need to use openSUSE 11.3..."

So I wonder how I can specify the build server version to use.
I'm using the web frontend.

I also tried to build for Fedora_14 i586, but that gives

getbinaries: missing packages: WE_NEED_MORE_BUILD_HOSTS_SUPPORTING_FEDORA_1
4

(Is there more to say about this than what it says? ;-))

For Fedora_13 i586 the build is fine.

In short you can not specify the kernel on the server side. We don't use the
native kernel of the distribution yet, because it is hard enough to find one
kernel at all which works reliable enough in VM :/

I have meanwhile in general working worker images based on openSUSE Factory,
which will solve this issue. But there is still some stuff to fix until I can
deploy them on all hosts. build25 is already running the new image ...

bye
adrian

SUSE Linux Products GmbH