Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Policy about accepting one's own submit requests
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:34:24 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 16. Dezember 2010 schrieb Sascha Peilicke:
Hi,

yesterday we had a discussion on the #build-service channel that a
per-project (or maybe even global) option which denies users to accept
their own submit requests would be nice. Off course, this works only if a
project has more than one maintainer. Unfortunately, the project config
can be changed also by every maintainer, allowing to bypass such an option
quite easily (enough chutzpa assumed). Therefore I'd like to gather some
input on the topic and how you think this should be solved (if at all).
This is not a good idea and just an annoyance in real life IMO. If you
disallow it (or even just annoy maintainers), they will use copypac from
branch to target or other means. After all they are maintainers and it should
be up to them to decide _how_ they maintain.

This will only lead to more maintainers breaking the packages directly in the
project instead of preparing the update in a branch and then submit (and
accept) if it works.

Greetings, Stephan