Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Changes in request behaviour when origin package changes
  • From: Stephan Kulow <coolo@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:53:35 +0100
Am Freitag, 10. Dezember 2010 schrieb Frederic Crozat:
Hi all,

I'm not sure it if it is a recent change (or if I missed it) but if a
request is created from a specific package and if you change this
package after the request creation, the request "follows" the latest
package release and not the one available when the request was created.

I can be useful (you don't have to revoke a request and re-submit it)
but on a general basis, it is problematic if you want to continue
working on a package but don't want to submit latest changes yet.

Is it wanted or a recent behaviour change ?

Well, the request states if it's kept the revision or not. How do you create
the request?

Normally requests look like this (vuntz pushing G:A):

<request id="55186">
<action type="submit">
<source project="GNOME:Apps" package="radiotray"
rev="7dbf18de397ac789d865f132dee3723e" />
<target project="openSUSE:Factory" package="radiotray" />
</action>
<state name="new" who="vuntz" when="2010-12-08T13:33:04" />
<description>New package: extremely simple app to listen to web radios.
Contributed by prusnak</description>
</request>

And in there you see rev="", so it does not follow newer changes.

Greetings, Stephan