[opensuse-buildservice] Locked packages on SLES10 break update
  • From: Lars Volker <lv@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 05 Dec 2010 13:47:48 +0100
Hi everyone,

we operate an own installation of OBS 2.0.4 and use it to build several
php-related packages for various platforms including SLES 10 + 11. It
happens only for SLES10, that automatic updates of our packages will
fail. All packages coming from our repository are flagged as "locked"
and zypper will not upgrade them. I also cannot find the lockfile in
/etc/zypp/locks as suggested by
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Libzypp_locksfile. When running "zypper
install locked-package-name" it will complain about the locks. If one
proceeds and selects "unlock" from the list of choices, then all
packages will be installed, but each one will throw a dependency error
during installation.

I've read (German:
http://www.linux-club.de/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=81259&sid=d48a82d276afac5e2c0ea0950dddd247),
that any external package will be locked automatically in SLES10. Does
this include external repositories as well?

The zypper version is very old on SLES10 and does not seem to support
the lock-managing commands.
sles10:~ # rpm -qa | grep zypp
zypper-0.6.200-0.4.49
libzypp-2.100.3-0.4.23
libzypp-zmd-backend-7.1.1.0_2.16-0.4.46

Now the question is: Is there a way to flag or sign our repository, so
that the packages will not get locked by SLES10? We rely on automatic
upgrades of packages distributed from those repositories, so manual
install is not a feasible solution.

With kind regards,

Lars Volker