[opensuse-buildservice] Problem building a library package for OpenSUSE_11.2
  • From: Angelos Tzotsos <gcpp.kalxas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 19:36:56 +0200
Hello everyone,

I am a new user of Build Service but an old user of OpenSUSE.
I am trying to provide a repository for a project I am involved in,
called OrfeoToolbox.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=OrfeoToolbox&project=home%3Atzotsos

With the help from people over the #opensuse-buildservice Freenode
channel, I managed to fix some errors in the spec file I created,
and my package now builds correctly (with no errors, only few
warnings) for Factory and OpenSUSE_11.3

The spec file is here:

https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file?file=OrfeoToolbox.spec&package=OrfeoToolbox&project=home%3Atzotsos&srcmd5=ffb5591057cc7a0413f69dcc8105ff2d

When I try to build for OpenSUSE_11.2 I get the following error:

|... running 03-check-binary-kernel-log

... running 04-check-filelist

... checking filelist

OrfeoToolbox-3.6.0-74.1.i586.rpm: directories not owned by a
package:

 - /usr/lib/otb

OrfeoToolbox-devel-3.6.0-74.1.i586.rpm: directories not owned by a
 package:

 - /usr/lib/otb

System halted.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=OrfeoToolbox&project=home%3Atzotsos&repository=openSUSE_11.2

|I got suggestions to list every file of my package in the
%files section, but they are way too many to do this.

Also, I tried other ways of declaring my file list, like
/usr/lib/otb/* with same results (errors only for OpenSUSE_11.2)

Can someone please propose a solution to this?

Regards,
Angelos

--
Angelos Tzotsos