[opensuse-buildservice] Re: cannot find libstdc++ for mongodb on Fedora 12 only
  • From: Douglas Hubler <douglas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 10:05:45 -0500
On Mon, Nov 22, 2010 at 5:27 PM, Douglas Hubler <douglas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I am trying to get mongodb to build and works on CentOS but fails on
Fedora 12 at the following spot.

scons: Configure: Checking for C library stdc++...
.sconf_temp/conftest_1.c <-

 |int
 |main() {
 |
 |return 0;
 |}

gcc -o .sconf_temp/conftest_1.o -c -fPIC -fno-strict-aliasing -ggdb
-pthread -Wall -Wsign-compare -Wno-unknown-pragmas -Winvalid-pch
-Werror -O3 -D_SCONS -DMONGO_EXPOSE_MACROS -I.
.sconf_temp/conftest_1.c
gcc -o .sconf_temp/conftest_1 -fPIC -pthread -rdynamic
.sconf_temp/conftest_1.o -L/usr/lib64 -L/lib64 -lpthread -lstdc++

NOTE: mongodb builds fine on my local Fedora 12 workstation.

I have  gdb, glibc, and libstdc++ all listed in BuildRequires and
build log shows they get installed.

Build Log
 https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=mongodb&project=home:sipfoundry:main&repository=Fedora_12

Unfortunately what is missing in the log is the stderr from the gcc
command that scons runs to test for stdc++.

Questions:
1.) Anyone see the problem?
2.) Anyone knows how to get scon to print result from gcc command
3.) Anyone have any suggestions what-so-ever

Thanks

Any one have any advice on this would be appreciated?

Aside note: What strategies have folks developed for diagnosing build
issues that are not reproducible locally?