Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Status of Eclipse plugin?
  • From: Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2010 12:28:22 +0000
On Tuesday 23 Nov 2010 05:52:48 Helen wrote:
I saw a mention of an osc plugin for Eclipse, but only found some
failed packages in OBS repos.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/show?package=BSUIPlugin&project=home%3Al
og111

any info on this? Is there a functioning plugin?

Also any other info on plugins/addons would be appreciated! (just
shoot me a link to the wiki page is fine!)

thanks!

Helen

Well, i must say i don't know about this plugin, but i /can/ say that i am
working together with Sebastian Kuegler and Frank Karlitschek on integration
between OBS, Qt Creator and distribution sites supporting Open Collaboration
Service. You may have heard about Project Bretzn, which from a technical point
of view covers that integration work.
While you are asking for an Eclipse plugin for this, and our work is focused
on Qt Creator, we have deliberately constructed our implementation in such a
way that the Qt Creator side of the system is as thin a layer as possible, and
as such it should be relatively straigt forward to implement an Eclipse plugin
based on Bretzn's functionality :)

PS: In case you've not heard of Project Bretzn, here's a news.opensuse.org
post about the announcement at the openSuse Conference last month:
http://news.opensuse.org/2010/10/26/from-the-developer-to-the-user-and-back-
announcing-project-bretzn/
--
..Dan // Leinir..