Re: [opensuse-buildservice] anonymous user for obs instance
  • From: Elmar Stellnberger <estellnb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Nov 2010 14:42:41 +0100
No, it is not for opensuse org but for the obs instance at medozas.de.
We do not want to have a guest user there for users could then change
the password of the guest account just to be mean.

2010/11/22, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>:
Am Montag, 22. November 2010, 14:25:35 schrieb Elmar Stellnberger:
I would need to set a flag in the API to allow anonymous checkouts.
Looking at the sources one can find a nobody-user manywhere.
Can anyone tell me where to find such a flag?

This is not supported by the api yet. We don't want this for opensuse to
avoid mass traffic via api.o.o which would slow down all real active
maintainers. And I personally think that people who are able to install
a command line client, can also create an account.

Only anonymous via webui is supported for now.

However, it should be possible to create a user with public known
login/password
and let his home project be owned by root only.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH