Re: [opensuse-buildservice] boot strap a private obs 2.1 instance
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 08:59:31 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 11. November 2010, 23:46:15 schrieb Dominique Le Foll:
Hello,

I have just installed a private instance of OBS 2.1 (via an appliance)
and now that I have copied all the requires source rpm in my base
project (MeeGo 1.0) and I try to boot strap it.

I use a bootstap process that I defined with the help of Rolla that I
have documented in the OBS wiki at :
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping

Unfortunatly that process does not work anymore. With the old OBS
(1.8) once you have transfered all the rpm source for your base
project, obs would start to build but would just never converge. That
was fixed by copying all the file from the :full directory of your
working OBS in the :full directory of the target OBS and restarting
the scheduler.

That is for sure still working. I have just imported some new distros via that.

The error that I have with 2.1 is very different. Each packages
complains about extension missing critical packages, which are
actually provided by packages present in the boot strap base project.

either the packages are missing in :full, or they can not get read by the
scheduler.
Check your :full.solv if they contain them.

Could happen when you have some new, not yet support rpm container format.

bye
adrian

I have no idea how to debug why the system complains about lacking
packages which are present.

I wonder building against a remote instance could fix that issue but I
do not find any documentation about building against a remote repo.

Any help would be appriciated.

Dominig

SUSE Linux Products GmbH