[opensuse-buildservice] boot strap a private obs 2.1 instance
  • From: Dominique Le Foll <dominig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 22:46:15 +0000
Hello,

I have just installed a private instance of OBS 2.1 (via an appliance)
and now that I have copied all the requires source rpm in my base
project (MeeGo 1.0) and I try to boot strap it.

I use a bootstap process that I defined with the help of Rolla that I
have documented in the OBS wiki at :
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_private_instance_boot_strapping

Unfortunatly that process does not work anymore. With the old OBS
(1.8) once you have transfered all the rpm source for your base
project, obs would start to build but would just never converge. That
was fixed by copying all the file from the :full directory of your
working OBS in the :full directory of the target OBS and restarting
the scheduler.

The error that I have with 2.1 is very different. Each packages
complains about extension missing critical packages, which are
actually provided by packages present in the boot strap base project.

I have no idea how to debug why the system complains about lacking
packages which are present.

I wonder building against a remote instance could fix that issue but I
do not find any documentation about building against a remote repo.

Any help would be appriciated.

Dominig
--
Dominique Le Foll