Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Why don't we use debootstrap?
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2010 08:26:16 +0100
Am Donnerstag, 11. November 2010, 00:06:42 schrieb Stephan Kleine:
Hi,

could anyone (Adrian) please enlighten me my we can't simply use debootstrap
to setup Debian & Ubuntu hosts and just be done with it?

check the mail archive, we just discussed that.

In short, it would be incompatible and unsafe, so we won't be able to allow
server
side builds anymore.

Point being I'm wondering that for quite some time but wasn't able to get
some
answer on it. Also I was asked that by the Ubuntu folks when I tried to debug
the 10.10 chroot but wasn't able to provide a proper answer.

So, why don't we use deboostrap and be done with it since that is maintained
by the .deb folks and simply works?

regards,
Stephan

SUSE Linux Products GmbH