[opensuse-buildservice] Build Team Meeting
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 14:13:34 +0100

present: cwh, saschpe, adrian, tschmidt, mls

* OBS 2.1.2 release
* OBS 2.2 pre release
* Driver Build Disk generator
* build.opensuse.org base distro setup

Driver Build Disk generator
===========================

* cwh adapted dud kiwi generator to read package list from special
"dud_package_list.xml" file.
* webui part needs to get adapted.

OBS 2.1.2 release
=================

We plan a 2.1.2 release end of this week, our candidates are:

* register user with iChain fix, this was regression in 2.1.1 (done)
* dropped "Apply as patch" funcitionality in webui source upload form,
which is not supported with branched packages.
* provide access _repository via api (not done)

OBS 2.2
=======

We plan a 2.2 Beta(?) release end of this week.

Missing parts are:

* major feature is project full access control (read, write and visibility)
- missing parts in api (Jan-Simon works on it)
- webui caching needs to take care of user access
- backend needs to protect sources also when access is disabled

* Improved diff handling in api and webui

* Support product signing with non local builds

Feature list got updated: http://www.suse.de/~adrian/OBS-Roadmap/

build.opensuse.org base distro setup
====================================

* Fedora 14
=> is imported, but requires that we update our worker images with a new
kernel.
Local build should work already if your system is new enough. (WIP)

* Ubuntu 10.10
=> is imported, but does not work. Not yet debugged, but it seems we need
a package to fix packaging bugs (lack of required files)

* openSUSE 11.1
=> is about to get removed, exists in DISCONTINUED name space

SUSE Linux Products GmbH