Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 08 Nov 2010 07:51:20 -0500

On 11/08/2010 07:23 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Dienstag, 2. November 2010, 21:17:37 schrieb Robert Schweikert:
One of the gory details would be to skip packages in projects like
"bleeding-edge" during the automatic collection. But I beleive there is
already a flag for things like that already, if I recall a discussion on
this list correctly.

I just want to point out the security impliciation in doing this.

If it is known, that it is done in this way, it is horrible easy to build a
package
which would get installed in any case, if you add such a repository.

And this package can do anything with your system. Getting root access on any
system,
sending your credit card number to server X and so on.

Doing this is so horrible dangerous that I would even think that the usual
"we are
not responsible" agreements in license texts would not help you in court
anymore.
Simply because this not only careless, but actually more an already prepared
attack
to all opensuse systems. #

I guess you are saying that our devel projects are not save. So maybe we
shouldn't provide repositories for the devel projects? AFAK we do not
have an extra disclaimer w.r.t. security or other things for devel
projects. Thus your concern would apply today.

Robert

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147