Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 13:23:34 +0100
One of the gory details would be to skip packages in projects like
"bleeding-edge" during the automatic collection. But I beleive there is
already a flag for things like that already, if I recall a discussion on
this list correctly.

I just want to point out the security impliciation in doing this.

If it is known, that it is done in this way, it is horrible easy to build a
package
which would get installed in any case, if you add such a repository.

And this package can do anything with your system. Getting root access on any
system,
sending your credit card number to server X and so on.

Doing this is so horrible dangerous that I would even think that the usual "we
are
not responsible" agreements in license texts would not help you in court
anymore.
Simply because this not only careless, but actually more an already prepared
attack
to all opensuse systems. #

SUSE Linux Products GmbH