Re: [opensuse-buildservice] How to configure obs-workers to use Xen/KVM?
  • From: Francisco Javier Cuadrado <francisco.cuadrado@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2010 12:41:46 +0100
From what I checked, Setting OBS_VM_TYPE to kvm in
/etc/sysconfg/obs-worker file uses kvm in place of qemu if /dev/kvm file
on your worker host is readable.
If not, it will use qemu.

Yes, but will I have to configure anything related to KVM?

The appliance is using KVM automatically, if your hardware is providing
support.

If you setup it manually, you need to configure devices (partiations, losetup
or lvm volumes)
manually. Because it needs to format the entire partition.

In case you want to use the LVM setup, you can setup these partitions like
described here:

 http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Appliance

The obsworker init script will pick automatically partitions which are named
in the /dev/obs/worker_root_? scheme.

Now, I read that article and I've created the following partitions:

/dev/sda1 -> boot
/dev/sda2 -> LVM2
/dev/OBS -> Volume Group
/dev/OBS/root -> root
/dev/OBS/home ->home
/dev/OBS/swap -> swap

These are the basic filesystem structure.

/dev/OBS/worker_root_{1,2} -> My OBS workers' root
/dev/OBS/worker_swap_{1,2} -> My OBS workers' swap

These are the OBS workers' logic volumes.

But OBS workers have failed showing the following log: http://pastie.org/1281327

Any idea?

bye
adrian