Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Marcus Meissner <meissner@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2010 11:22:24 +0100
On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 03:27:42PM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:

On 11/03/2010 03:22 PM, Marcus Meissner wrote:
On Wed, Nov 03, 2010 at 03:10:50PM -0400, Robert Schweikert wrote:

On 11/03/2010 02:52 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:

On 11/03/2010 10:15 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Robert Schweikert
<rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

<snip>
Based on a mail on the packaging list I guess what I need to do to get
things into the distribution is to have another sr for the packages to
the openSUSE:Factory project. But, that I cannot do as I am not a
maintainer of devel:languages:perl. Now, I'd have to get added as a
maintainer in that project and then do an sr for perl-critic and
dependencies. Then rinse and repeat for any packages I might submit to
other top level projects.

Was the devel maintainer issue ever addressed in this thread?

Is it real or a red-herring?

Well, I have mixed results on that, first a failed attempt:

-> osc sr devel:languages:python python-boto openSUSE:Factory
Warning: failed to fetch meta data for 'openSUSE:Factory' package
'python-boto' (new package?)
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
No permission to create request for package 'python-boto' in project
'devel:languages:python', only maintainers can create requests.

And then a successful attempt:

-> osc sr devel:languages:perl perl-B-Keywords openSUSE:Factory
Warning: failed to fetch meta data for 'openSUSE:Factory' package
'perl-B-Keywords' (new package?)
created request id 52081

Note that I am not on the maintainers list for devel:languages:python or
devel:languages:perl. However, I am on the maintainers list for the
perl-B-Keywords package as I originally created this package and
submitted it to devel:languages:perl.

Thus, apparently we already do keep track of the "original" package
creator somewhere,

Or maybe not. The same trick did not work with vtun, a package I just
submitted to :Virtualization yesterday and that got accepted. However, I
do not have permission to SR it to Factory.

-> osc sr Virtualization vtun openSUSE:Factory
Warning: failed to fetch meta data for 'openSUSE:Factory' package 'vtun'
(new package?)
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
No permission to create request for package 'vtun' in project
'Virtualization', only maintainers can create requests.

???????

You can submit it if you are marked as maintainer in the package.

You are marked as maintainer for perl-B-Keywords, but not for vtun.

Who is responsible for setting the magic marker?

Is this not something that should be set automatically when I create the
package in my home: project? Shouldn't this be sticky, i.e. stay with
the package until manually changed?

The development group decides it in the end.

osc meta prj Virtualization for the list of their maintainers and bugowners.

Perhaps they can just take you into their ranks ;)

Ciao, Marcus