Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 15:10:50 -0400

On 11/03/2010 02:52 PM, Robert Schweikert wrote:

On 11/03/2010 10:15 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
On Tue, Nov 2, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Robert Schweikert
<rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi,

<snip>
Based on a mail on the packaging list I guess what I need to do to get
things into the distribution is to have another sr for the packages to
the openSUSE:Factory project. But, that I cannot do as I am not a
maintainer of devel:languages:perl. Now, I'd have to get added as a
maintainer in that project and then do an sr for perl-critic and
dependencies. Then rinse and repeat for any packages I might submit to
other top level projects.

Was the devel maintainer issue ever addressed in this thread?

Is it real or a red-herring?

Well, I have mixed results on that, first a failed attempt:

-> osc sr devel:languages:python python-boto openSUSE:Factory
Warning: failed to fetch meta data for 'openSUSE:Factory' package
'python-boto' (new package?)
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
No permission to create request for package 'python-boto' in project
'devel:languages:python', only maintainers can create requests.

And then a successful attempt:

-> osc sr devel:languages:perl perl-B-Keywords openSUSE:Factory
Warning: failed to fetch meta data for 'openSUSE:Factory' package
'perl-B-Keywords' (new package?)
created request id 52081

Note that I am not on the maintainers list for devel:languages:python or
devel:languages:perl. However, I am on the maintainers list for the
perl-B-Keywords package as I originally created this package and
submitted it to devel:languages:perl.

Thus, apparently we already do keep track of the "original" package
creator somewhere,

Or maybe not. The same trick did not work with vtun, a package I just
submitted to :Virtualization yesterday and that got accepted. However, I
do not have permission to SR it to Factory.

-> osc sr Virtualization vtun openSUSE:Factory
Warning: failed to fetch meta data for 'openSUSE:Factory' package 'vtun'
(new package?)
Server returned an error: HTTP Error 403: Forbidden
No permission to create request for package 'vtun' in project
'Virtualization', only maintainers can create requests.

???????

Robert

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx