Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Robert Schweikert <rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2010 09:54:19 -0400

On 11/03/2010 04:28 AM, Stephan Kulow wrote:
Am Mittwoch 03 November 2010 schrieb Stephan Kleine:

That leaves out the main issue. The stuff in Contrib is version frozen and
therefore any security fixes need to be backported and the packages in
there need to be maintained.
While this is surely desireable, I don't think it should block anything that
is highly security irrlevant from going straight into factory.

Sure, I don't want a 4th unmaintained SMTP daemon in the distribution, but
keeping perl packages out of factory for that reason is stupid.

Thus, maybe for certain devel projects such a Perl, Python, Ruby, etc.
and automatic inclusion in :Factory of everything the successfully
builds at branch time maybe an option?

Then at least for these types of projects we would invite the "more
casual packager" and we would drastically lower the barrier to entry.

Robert

Software Engineer Consultant LINUX
rschweikert@xxxxxxxxxx
781-464-8147