Re: [opensuse-buildservice] The disconnect
  • From: Juergen Weigert <jw@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2010 22:10:00 +0100
On Nov 02, 10 16:46:30 -0400, Greg Freemyer wrote:

I agree, for a lot of leaf packages there does not seem to be a reason
to not do a single SR that hits a devel repo and the main repo.

If I could tell my submit-request, that I want the package go back where it
originally came from, I'd most of the time do so.

Currently, when I branch from Factory, I usually get rerouted to a
devel-project. So the submit (being perceived as the end of my transaction)
ends up at the devel project, not at Factory, where the package originally
was taken from.

Flagging a submitrequest as 'please forward to Factory' could tell the
project maintainers, what the actual roundtrip should be.

But, from what I can tell, contrib is already an artifact from days gone by!

It falls to disuse, doesn't it? Too many levels of manual indirection...

Maybe an automatic forward to contrib helps, to test how the package would
behave in a Factory context without actually breaking Factory?

So the flag should be "OK_FOR_FACTORY".

Yeay, many possibilities :-)

cheers,
JW-