Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Creating packages through the API - Help?
  • From: Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:46:34 +0100
On Thursday 28 October 2010 09:15:42 Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Donnerstag, 28. Oktober 2010, 10:00:23 schrieb Thomas Schmidt:
On 10/28/2010 01:35 AM, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
Hi!

You may have heard of this funny little thing called Project Bretzn,
which

Frank Karlitschek announced at the openSuse conference last week[1].
I'm one of the people working on the connecting-the-dots bit for it,
and as the

subject hints at, I have now run into what seems like a bit of a
problem:
I cannot find any functions to actually create a new package using
the web

API. I can interact with existing ones perfectly fine (storing new
information into _meta), but creating new ones seems to be missing.
Can someone help me out here?

I further assume that the same problem exists for creating
sub-projects, and

as such would like to request assistance with this as well - this is
less important, but would be greatly appreciated if it is possible.

In short, what i would like to request is: Pointers to which
functions i

will need to call to create a new package, and to create new
sub-projects.

I think you use the same methods as when editing project/package
metadata. To create a new project you do:
PUT /source/<project>/_meta
and for packages:
PUT /source/<project>/<package>/_meta

Yep, that is correct. There is no other way to do it.

Thanks for the confirmation there :)

Of course you need to create first the project and afterwards the packages.

Yeah, i have a check in place to ensure that packages aren't stored into a
non-existent project :)

--
..Dan // Leinir..
http://leinir.dk/