Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Creating packages through the API - Help?
  • From: Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen <admin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:45:43 +0100
On Thursday 28 October 2010 09:00:23 Thomas Schmidt wrote:
On 10/28/2010 01:35 AM, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
Hi!

You may have heard of this funny little thing called Project Bretzn,
which

Frank Karlitschek announced at the openSuse conference last week[1]. I'm
one of the people working on the connecting-the-dots bit for it, and as
the

subject hints at, I have now run into what seems like a bit of a problem:
I cannot find any functions to actually create a new package using the
web

API. I can interact with existing ones perfectly fine (storing new
information into _meta), but creating new ones seems to be missing. Can
someone help me out here?

I further assume that the same problem exists for creating
sub-projects, and

as such would like to request assistance with this as well - this is less
important, but would be greatly appreciated if it is possible.

In short, what i would like to request is: Pointers to which functions

will need to call to create a new package, and to create new
sub-projects.

I think you use the same methods as when editing project/package
metadata. To create a new project you do:
PUT /source/<project>/_meta
and for packages:
PUT /source/<project>/<package>/_meta

Thanks! Glad to hear i'm walking down the right path, at least :) The
problem is that when i tried to create a package in this way, i am given a 404
no such package error:

for example doing:
PUT /source/home:leinir:ocs-buildservice/atestpackage/_meta
yields:
<status code='404' origin='backend'>
<summary>package 'atestpackage' does not exist in project 'home:leinir:ocs-
buildservice'</summary>
</status>

Whereas attempting to store _meta on an existing package (yeah, quickly
created random package) works fine:
PUT /source/home:leinir:ocs-buildservice/asdf/_meta
yields:
<package project="home:leinir:ocs-buildservice" name="asdf">
<title>asdf</title>
<description>fdsa</description>
<build>
<enable repository="openSUSE_11.3" arch="i586"/>
<disable repository="openSUSE_11.2" arch="x86_64"/>
<disable repository="Mandriva_2010"/>
<enable/>
</build>
<url>http://opendasdf.afds</url>