Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Creating packages through the API - Help?
  • From: Thomas Schmidt <tom@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 10:00:23 +0200
On 10/28/2010 01:35 AM, Dan Leinir Turthra Jensen wrote:
Hi!

You may have heard of this funny little thing called Project Bretzn, which
Frank Karlitschek announced at the openSuse conference last week[1]. I'm one
of the people working on the connecting-the-dots bit for it, and as the
subject hints at, I have now run into what seems like a bit of a problem:

I cannot find any functions to actually create a new package using the web
API. I can interact with existing ones perfectly fine (storing new
information
into _meta), but creating new ones seems to be missing. Can someone help me
out here?
I further assume that the same problem exists for creating sub-projects,
and
as such would like to request assistance with this as well - this is less
important, but would be greatly appreciated if it is possible.
In short, what i would like to request is: Pointers to which functions i
will need to call to create a new package, and to create new sub-projects.

I think you use the same methods as when editing project/package
metadata. To create a new project you do:
PUT /source/<project>/_meta
and for packages:
PUT /source/<project>/<package>/_meta

Greetings