Re: [opensuse-buildservice] bug in set_version service
  • From: Jon Nelson <jnelson-suse@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2010 13:30:21 -0500
On Mon, Oct 25, 2010 at 4:20 AM, Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Am Sonntag, 24. Oktober 2010, 21:46:38 schrieb Jon Nelson:
I noticed a bug in the set_version service.
If the destination file is a specfile, then the file gets overwritten
/twice/ - once with the new version, and once with 'Release: 0' which
throws out the first (version) change.

Here is my recommended fix:

  if [ "${FILE%.spec}" != "$FILE" ]; then
    # set release back to zero after version upgrade, will be
increased by OBS during build
    sed -e "s,^Release:.*,Release: 0," -e "s,^Version:.*,Version:
$MYVERSION," "$FILE" > "$MYOUTDIR/$FILE" || exit 1

The problem with that is that it would also remove any possible used special
hacks which modify the release number.

That's true, but I did not want to change the (apparently) intended
behavior of the code - just correct it. As it stands, it *does not*
work for specfiles - for specfiles, it will reset the release number
but not the version.

So, we would need an option here to disable it.

Would be great if you could submit that to the openSUSE:Tools package via
a submit request.

Would you prefer a submission which doesn't fiddle with the release
number or one which changes both release and version (as above)?

--
Jon