Re: [opensuse-buildservice] openSUSE Build Service 2.1 Release
  • From: Adrian Schröter <adrian@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:01:06 +0200
Am Donnerstag, 21. Oktober 2010, 12:35:16 schrieb Johannes Lahti:
Hi!

Integration with online source code management tools

Users of the Build Service may now access a new concept called 'source
services'. Source services allow, for example, the automatic checkout of
source code for a package from a remote server via Git or Subversion,
building a tar ball from these checked out sources, and using them for
building a package. It also enables direct download of tar balls from
remote sites. This allows packagers to work with external sources without
downloading them to their own workstations, and makes it easy to rebuild
packages after upstream changes with a single click.

The only documentation that I found about this feature is this:
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Build_Service_Concept_SourceService
But that doesn't cover the git/svn usage or creating tar balls or any
other cool stuff. So is there some other documentation available
somewhere?

I am about to publish my slides about this.

For a simple example have a look at

osc cat openSUSE:Tools:Unstable osc _service

file, which downloads, tar, compresses new versions and adapts the .spec and
.dsc files.

Please note that this is only one possible method (but the first one
implemented) out
of three to integrate external SCM systems.

SUSE Linux Products GmbH