Re: [opensuse-buildservice] Installing on Mandriva via OBS repo
  • From: Peter Linnell <mrdocs@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 12:06:07 +0200
On 10/18/10 10:23 AM, Adrian Schröter wrote:
Am Montag, 18. Oktober 2010, 10:03:20 schrieb Frederic Crozat:
Le vendredi 15 octobre 2010 à 13:15 -0400, Nicholas Peterson a écrit :
Hi All,

I am trying to install my program on Mandriva but can't seem to add
the OBS repository.

It seems that the command urpmi.addmedia doesn't work with the
normal RPM PM. Someone on IRC mentioned that I could specify a
different type for the repository in my OBS raw config to
automatically generate a urpmi compatible repo. What do I put as the
type for my Mandriva repo to make it urpmi compatible?

For now, nothing, OBS doesn't support (yet) urpmi compatible repository.
You'll need to run "genhdlist2" on the directory containing the
packages.

Btw, my offer is still there, if someone can build "genhdlist2" package (set)
which also works on SUSE, we can add support for that easily in OBS.

Hi,

I would also like to support OBS providing native hdlists for OBS. I
started porting the necessary packages from Mandriva to openSUSE/SLE.

I got fairly far along, but a perl package perl-RPM4 will not compile on
any recent flavor of *Suse. It also fail on Fedora/RH.

https://build.opensuse.org/package/live_build_log?arch=i586&package=perl-RPM4&project=home%3Amrdocs&repository=openSUSE_11.2

This is the blocker for me at the moment. Anyone with knowhow of perl
and/or rpm would probably be able to fix it.

Peter